Thursday, December 2, 2010

Veda to Vedera

Back in 2005 I heard a band called Veda play a show - they were the opener for someone else (I don't even remember who anymore) and they blew me away. The largeness of the sound and the complex interaction of the vocals with the guitar and drums...wow. I bought the CD (a big deal for poor college me) and fell in love with it. Weight of an Empty Room.

Well, one of their songs popped into my head today. So I did a little research and found out they have changed from Veda to Vedera and from impressive vocal rock to an almost country sounding pop. Tragic.

To honor the old album and old sound, here are a few old performances of songs I still love. (I will dig out the CD when I get home and sing along all afternoon I think)





No comments:

Post a Comment